>a< PARKS TO PACIFIC Tour >a<
DAYS: Tuesday and Thursday
TIME: 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
WALK: 6 miles
AGE: 13 and up*
PRICE: $58/adult; $48/teen
WHERE TO MEET UP
The tour leaves at 10:00 a.m. from Huntington Park, bound by Sacramento, Taylor, California and Cushman streets in SF's Nob Hill District. There is a fountain at the center of the park that cannot be missed. I'll meet you right there (see map and photo at right), rain or shine. If you use Google Maps, you can pin the location using "Huntington Park, San Francisco, CA," or 1000 Taylor St. as the address.
RECOMMENDED ITEMS TO BRING
- Money for lunch (transit costs are included)
- Snacks (lunch break is around 12:15 p.m.)
- Extra layer of clothes (windbreaker, hat, etc.)
- Adequate walking shoes (i. e. no flip-flops, etc.)
* Due to the topography, and steady pace of the tour, babies and/or strollers are not recommended, and actually discouraged. This tour has stretches of hiking, utilizing dirt trails, versus sidewalks, so please keep that in mind.
While park hopping from Downtown to the Pacific Ocean, the "Parks to Pacific" tour celebrates San Francisco's transformation from sand-duned wasteland to city of world-renowned parks and recreation. Traversing Pacific Heights, The Presidio, Lincoln Park, Golden Gate Park, Lands End, Sutro Bath Ruins, etc., the exploration mixes nature walks with neighborhoods, including choice vistas for viewing the surrounding city and Bay Area. Five hours long, with lunch break and occasional public transit (costs are included), this tour is an enlightening way to explore San Francisco's western half.